A Still Life


I remember my art teacher when I was 12 years old who taught me the principles of creating a still life drawing or painting. I learned that in art I could capture time and not let it pass, but keep it as a secret keepsake in this treasure chest of life. Thank you to My First Love; My Lord and Savior. For it is He who gives and creates, teaching us through this journey. I am forever grateful to see His extraordinary glory in every ordinary moment.

"...be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" Psalm 46:10


Thursday, December 28, 2017

Love Has No Season



Another December has come and will be gone in a few days. The anticipation of making it just right for my family has passed for another year. Every year I tell myself it is not about choosing perfect gifts for my family but I find myself thinking about each person for many weeks and hope the gift I match them with will be right.

This year family has changed in some ways. Not all could be gathered together even though they are quietly present in my heart. I found myself thinking of Jesus' mother. This song brings the  miraculous moment in time to the heart of any believer as the gift for all time.

In all the Decembers of my life I cannot focus on any memory greater than this gift of God's perfect love. Merry Christmas and wishing you the love that has no season.


No comments: