A Still Life


I remember my art teacher when I was 12 years old who taught me the principles of creating a still life drawing or painting. I learned that in art I could capture time and not let it pass, but keep it as a secret keepsake in this treasure chest of life. Thank you to My First Love; My Lord and Savior. For it is He who gives and creates, teaching us through this journey. I am forever grateful to see His extraordinary glory in every ordinary moment.

"...be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" Psalm 46:10


Saturday, November 1, 2014

Grief



Like most everyone, life sometimes deals you unexpected times. I'm still in rebound mode from grieving a dear friend who endured a long uncompromising battle with lymphoma. Her name is Kathy. She may have left too soon for her family and all who love her. I could write chapters about her. Someday I probably will but for now the lines of life aren't very distinct, in fact, they are just a little blurred. I'm finding that the gift of friendship has no real beginning and no real end. And one day, I will see her again. So to those of you who know what I mean, take heart, this may be an approaching season for family and friends and for grieving too. It's okay. In fact, it's so okay that God started a chapter in His book that goes like this,

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven... Ecc. 3:1

The best part about this is... it is only one chapter. The story never really ends. Kathy knew her story was not over. She left all of us with her certainty of meeting the One who started it all. He was her Savior, and mine too. His name is Jesus.



No comments: