A Still Life


I remember my art teacher when I was 12 years old who taught me the principles of creating a still life drawing or painting. I learned that in art I could capture time and not let it pass, but keep it as a secret keepsake in this treasure chest of life. Thank you to My First Love; My Lord and Savior. For it is He who gives and creates, teaching us through this journey. I am forever grateful to see His extraordinary glory in every ordinary moment.

"...be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" Psalm 46:10


Saturday, April 29, 2017

My littlest loyal love

This April was almost 18 seasons of Springtime with my little yorkie. I had to say goodbye on Easter. This time of year will ever mark a day when my heart broke for my longtime loyal companion. I tried to prepare for this day as he was failing in health over many months and as my vet told me 6 months ago "he is just an old man in assisted living".  Dog lovers and pet lovers know the agony. It is part of the commitment of sharing love with one dependent upon you for survival, affection and quality of life. Seeing him through to his last breath and bringing him back home again to rest beneath my daffodil gardens is done. I know I will add many beautiful flowers to his place of remembrance.


Many memories are tucked away in my consciousness for now. The journey of grief seems to unfairly bring forth the years of family snapshots crowding the mind and cascading the tears. One day they will bring such warmth and joy to my heart. For now, I just miss a little 7 lb terrier who when he was at his best, thought he was a lion.

No comments: