A Still Life


I remember my art teacher when I was 12 years old who taught me the principles of creating a still life drawing or painting. I learned that in art I could capture time and not let it pass, but keep it as a secret keepsake in this treasure chest of life. Thank you to My First Love; My Lord and Savior. For it is He who gives and creates, teaching us through this journey. I am forever grateful to see His extraordinary glory in every ordinary moment.

"...be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" Psalm 46:10


Saturday, June 6, 2015

Through the Eyes of a Parent

When you're a mom, with every birthday that passes your children grow and you stand back amazed. You watch them become the young adults they are meant to be. You are thankful for every good thing that comes into their lives. You stand hopeful that they will be blessed beyond their dreams while knowing that they share this world that has its ups and its downs.

When they are young, you treasure moments when their eyes look up to you and their smiles say it all... oh, maybe it's just a quiet day of fishing and the thrill isn't really in catching anything but is in the tight hold of the pole as they cast a fishing line over the water for the very first time. You see that beaming smile of satisfaction on their face. You are still the most important people in their world.

Why is it that no matter how old our children get, when we look into their eyes we can't just relish in the breaking news of their present day? Parenthood looks into the eyes of their children and they never really seem older ~ just more wonderful. 

To a mom, she may be seeing her son at 2 or 32 and you can't possibly tell what she is really thinking about. The memories and the moments are as deep as the sea, as wide as its horizon above it and as current as the morning begins once more.


Love you today, then and always ~
Mom



No comments: