A Still Life


I remember my art teacher when I was 12 years old who taught me the principles of creating a still life drawing or painting. I learned that in art I could capture time and not let it pass, but keep it as a secret keepsake in this treasure chest of life. Thank you to My First Love; My Lord and Savior. For it is He who gives and creates, teaching us through this journey. I am forever grateful to see His extraordinary glory in every ordinary moment.

"...be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" Psalm 46:10


Friday, April 24, 2015

Bags and Totes




I love bags, all kinds of them! All girls have some kind of bag crush.  Mine started when I was really young because I loved collecting and organizing. "A place for everything, and everything in its place" I guess you could say was in my makeup. So then later in life I became a teacher and had the need for many different carryalls.
Bag designs have changed over the years and tote bags made into artful and functionally fun accessories is a passion for creative addicts like me. 
Call them handbags, shoulder bags, tote bags, market bags, etc. ~ It's all about the design of a bag that draws us in. Growing up, my grandmother and mom called them "pocketbooks". And today my kids think that's really funny. 
I guess my love for vintage goes back to my grandmother. I can still smell her linens drying in the breeze in her yard that was dotted with Rose of Sharon, Peonies and Lilies of the Field. Ah, sweetest memories!
Anyway, this tote, all handmade and machine sewn by me
is for sale in my Etsy shop. 

Thanks for visiting!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/patricepastel?ref=hdr_shop_menu
https://www.etsy.com/listing/230986455/pink-green-on-black-butterfly-dragonfly?ref=shop_home_feat_3

No comments: