A Still Life


I remember my art teacher when I was 12 years old who taught me the principles of creating a still life drawing or painting. I learned that in art I could capture time and not let it pass, but keep it as a secret keepsake in this treasure chest of life. Thank you to My First Love; My Lord and Savior. For it is He who gives and creates, teaching us through this journey. I am forever grateful to see His extraordinary glory in every ordinary moment.

"...be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" Psalm 46:10


Thursday, March 20, 2014

In my new Etsy Shop

 
Roses on ticking stripe, a hard to find vintage Ralph Lauren fabric called "Emma". Doesn't get much prettier than this to add to a shabby cottage or French chic setting. I made it with 4 layers just right for sweet baby girls, but I see it in the bath, garden room, poolside, etc....
 So Spring was the right time to pull out my cherished vintage fabrics. Here is one for chenille lovers. I found both fabrics ~ front and back! ~ on my antiquing travels to the Wexford General Store in Pittsburg, PA. I can spend hours, maybe days there ;) 
 This one is perfect for the gardener's pocket. Both fabrics I bought from a retired seamstress. From the 40's or 50's ~ sure is a pretty alternative to the ole roll of paper towels.
All my handmade cloths are multilayered and measure 18" by 9"

No comments: