A Still Life


I remember my art teacher when I was 12 years old who taught me the principles of creating a still life drawing or painting. I learned that in art I could capture time and not let it pass, but keep it as a secret keepsake in this treasure chest of life. Thank you to My First Love; My Lord and Savior. For it is He who gives and creates, teaching us through this journey. I am forever grateful to see His extraordinary glory in every ordinary moment.

"...be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" Psalm 46:10


Tuesday, August 23, 2016

August Sunflowers


Reaching for the sun, these small but tall beauties announce that Summer can be endless. Not rain nor drought seems to cancel their late Summer sun dance. Faithful no matter what late August brings ~ tends to be their message.  Some days I feel kind of knocked down by the winds. These golden faces seem to say just get up again for the season always passes. You can count on it.

No comments: