A Still Life


I remember my art teacher when I was 12 years old who taught me the principles of creating a still life drawing or painting. I learned that in art I could capture time and not let it pass, but keep it as a secret keepsake in this treasure chest of life. Thank you to My First Love; My Lord and Savior. For it is He who gives and creates, teaching us through this journey. I am forever grateful to see His extraordinary glory in every ordinary moment.

"...be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" Psalm 46:10


Friday, June 6, 2014

The Reward of Parenting



Thankful for my oldest son. He has always been our creative one. God blessed him with wonderful talent. What a joy when your child grows into the man you love and labor over for hours, months, years ... then one day, you breathe easier. It happens. Parents often ask me, 'does it get better'? My answer may not be a resounding YES. All I know is once you become a parent, you are always a parent. The thing that truly gets better is this; the role changes. Then one day you find yourself filling in the gaps of the past and always so grateful for the grace of God. Maybe part of the parent journey becomes clearer as you stood in steadfast prayer, waiting. That, I find, has been the answer. And the reward, oh so wonderful the reward, comes at the proper time.

Happy Birthday today, my sweet son, now a blessed husband and devoted father of girls.
 
Love you more every day!
 

No comments: