A Still Life


I remember my art teacher when I was 12 years old who taught me the principles of creating a still life drawing or painting. I learned that in art I could capture time and not let it pass, but keep it as a secret keepsake in this treasure chest of life. Thank you to My First Love; My Lord and Savior. For it is He who gives and creates, teaching us through this journey. I am forever grateful to see His extraordinary glory in every ordinary moment.

"...be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" Psalm 46:10


Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Spring Ephemeral

Trillium
Wildflowers of Spring


The emerging Trillium takes my breath away each and every year. A quiet walk introduced me to a secret encounter with a forest floor of white. While sunlight danced from the canopy above, the white ladies swayed below to nature's acoustic music. I will never forget that walk and my senses will always recall that day.


  It's been 7 years since I took that walk. Gardens hold memories though all our senses. Only yesterday I found a new patch of wondrous white in a woods behind my mom's home. It's a bittersweet life sometimes. Building is taking place in that woods. So I quickly picked up my mom to take her there and we basked in that moment that brought us back to the day when my mom could garden for hours and lose track of the time. Lucky for me our gardens hold the times we share as family. So another Mother's Day may come and go, but this time it's a sweet memory made where time stands still. Love you Mom, always! 

No comments: